Symptoms of diseases of the stomach:
Disorders of the main functions in diseases of the stomach leading to a number of characteristic disease symptoms. The most important of them – the perversion of taste, changes in appetite, increased thirst, belching, heartburn, nausea, vomiting and pain.
- In patients with gastric often a bad taste in the mouth or dulling of taste sensations. In this case, examination of the oral cavity are usually coated tongue. This is due to the fact that the epithelium of the tongue swells, cloudy, partly exfoliated and covers language as a whitish-gray coating. Decayed desquamated epithelium and causes an unpleasant taste in the mouth. A thick layer of epithelium lowered further impedes access to the flavors taste buds, resulting food seems tasteless.
- Bad taste in the mouth and blunting of taste sensations accompany acute and chronic catarrh of the stomach and when they have diagnostic value.
Changes in appetite:
- Appetite is a very important factor regulating meals. Everyone knows its effect on saliva, gastric secretion (delicious juice), its motor function.
- Changes in appetite may be of central origin, ie. E. Depend on the influence of the central nervous system and peripheral origin, ie. E. Develop reflex mainly by the digestive tract. Changes in appetite of central origin are expressed in violation of it (after a deep nervous shock, mentally ill, and so on. N.). With regard to changes in appetite peripheral nature, they are often observed in diseases of the stomach. Some gastric ulcers accompanied by a complete lack of appetite, and other appetite remained normal at the third increased appetite.
- Complete loss of appetite (anorexia) is observed in acute catarrh and gastric cancer. In acute gastritis no appetite completely, the thought of food sickens. Loss of appetite in cancer of the stomach – a very common phenomenon to develop in the early stages of the disease.
The decrease in appetite is at a chronic gastritis:
as soon as the patient begins to eat as he had lost appetite and he usually tries to arouse him some spicy spicy food. Appetite is lowered as in motor impairment of the stomach on the ground organic or inorganic pyloric stenosis, accompanied by write latency in the stomach or incomplete emptying.
Saving appetite can be diagnostically important feature, such as a stomach ulcer (but often the patient avoids food for fear of future pain). Patients with hypersecretion often have frequent need to eat to soothe discomfort podlozhechkoy that could reach the degree of severe pain (hunger pains).
Perversion of appetite. In some diseases of the stomach observed selective attitude of patients to a particular kind of food; For example, gastritis and cancer often has an aversion to meat, with ahilii – fatty foods.
Increased thirst and frequent fluid intake (polydipsia) are observed in diseases of the stomach is not very often – mainly in hypersecretion and motor failure. The need for a drink at the copious stomach acid gastric juice is based on experience, that the discomfort and sometimes pain calmed by breeding very acidic gastric contents. Increased thirst when motor failure (under restrictions gatekeeper and a significant expansion of the stomach) due to the fact that the water lingering in the stomach, almost not absorbed, resulting in the depletion of the water comes tissues.
- Under belching usually understand these two things: 1) a sudden and sometimes sonorous stepping through the mouth air accumulated in the stomach or esophagus, it is an empty belching or burping air (eructatio), and 2) stepping into the mouth a small part of the stomach contents usually with air burp – burp is food (regurgitatio). The mechanism is to reduce the regurgitation of stomach muscles during open cardiac opening.
- Belching of air can be obtained as a result of ingestion of air (aerophagia); In this case, it is sometimes very loud, audible at a distance and observed in some forms of psychoneuroses stomach.
- Most regurgitation is due to the formation of gases in the stomach shout abnormal gastric fermentation. Fermentation is usually associated with delayed gastric emptying, with some degree of congestion, the gas is usually odorless (carbon dioxide). But in some cases, belching a smell of rotten eggs (hydrogen sulfide). This indicates that far gone decay protein substances (containing sulfur), which is characteristic of chronic gastritis, gastric dilatation and delayed emptying. Belching rotten in the morning on an empty stomach is characteristic of pyloric stenosis (scarring after ulceration) with a large expansion of the stomach and abundant stagnation.
- Belching food – it’s essentially a small vomiting without much effort and without prior nausea, but often at the same time the gas belching. Belching with the hypersecretion of gastric contents may be acidic. Especially acid regurgitation, burning mouth, occurs in a fit of hypersecretion, such as during an attack of pain in the stomach ulcer.
Bitter taste regurgitation:
occurs frequently at high acidity and bitter taste it depends on peptones and when throwing into the stomach from the duodenum bile.
The unpleasant burping rancid butter indicates low acidity or absence of free hydrochloric acid, and the delay in gastric emptying; It is formed by the oil, dairy and other organic acids that appear in the stomach due to the fermentation process.
Belching with putrid odor is typical for large extensions of the stomach with low acidity or Akhil and stagnation in it (eg gastric cancer).
Heartburn – a peculiar sense of heat and burning sensation in the lower part of the esophagus. It is connected, probably, with spasm and depends swallowed a small amount of acidic gastric contents. Mechanism heartburn same as regurgitation, but not to regurgitate liquid reaches the mouth.
Heartburn is most often a manifestation of the acidity of gastric contents (75%), but it can occur at normal pH (10% of cases), and at low (10%) and even in the absence of the acidity (5%). Heartburn often observed in abnormal development of gastric acid fermentation (butyric, lactic and others.) In cases of failure of its motor.