Eyes Health: A simple and effective prevention
If you have never had any problems with your vision, you may not think about the condition of your eyes. Many of us are not aware of what changes may occur with age or the moment when the third hour you sit at your computer without interruption.
However, such simple actions as wearing sunglasses and eating vegetables, help preserve vision and prevent many diseases.
Rainbow in the plate:
- What we eat has a direct impact on how the “feel” our eyes. Rebecca Taylor, a spokeswoman for the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Council included in the diet of spinach, cabbage and colorful vegetables.
- Green leafy vegetables provide us with nutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin. They help reduce the risk of eye diseases. Vitamin A is contained in the bright yellow and orange vegetables (carrots, sweet potatoes), which in turn improves the health of the eye.
- Adding fruits with rich vitamin C and other antioxidants also helps combat disorders of vision.
Finally, Rebecca Taylor advises eat more fatty fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are very important for the prevention of dry eye.
- Regular visits to the doctor – a necessary measure to help avoid a number of problems – glaucoma and others.
- Most people who have vision problems should undergo examination by an ophthalmologist once a year to ensure that the vision is not deteriorated.
American Academy of Ophthalmology has developed the following schedule eye exams:
- From 40 to 55 – to check every 2-4 years
- From 55 to 65 – to check every 1-3 years
- People 65 and older should visit an ophthalmologist every year.
The ophthalmologist will take into account the family history, check the pupil, central vision, eye pressure and be able to timely detect violations.
Protect from the sun:
- Even if you’re not a fan of sunglasses, take them as a necessary measure, and pay attention to the right choice.
- First of all, Rebecca Taylor advised not to be fooled by the myth that the darker glasses, the better. The main thing – 100 percent protection from ultraviolet radiation, which can cause cataracts or other disorders.
- Also in the hot Rebecca Taylor recommends using sunscreen around the eyes, as a number of problems arise, since the eyelashes and that eye.
Eyes – mirror of the soul, and not only!
According to Rebecca Taylor, vision problems are often indicators of other diseases.
“For example, dry eyes can be a sign of incipient rheumatoid arthritis,” – says Rebecca.
That is why it is so important to regularly visit an ophthalmologist, eat right and do exercises for the eyes. We hope that these tips will help you preserve eye health and do not forget to take breaks more often while working at the computer. Look away, blinked a moment, move your eyes up and down. Save your eyesight – the same work, so please make a useful break for the eye right now!