At 1 stage osteoarthritis of the patient feels only a nagging pain in the affected spine that occurs during physical exertion on his back. This can be a gravity rise and incorrect sitting in one spot for a long time.
For the 2 stage of development characterized by the following symptoms:
- Back pain occur more frequently and more severe
- There are periodic displacement of the vertebrae, increases pain
- Sometimes it may appear numbness of the hands or feet (depending on level of osteoarthritis).
In stage 3 the clinic more pronounced:
- Back pain is almost constant character
- The patient takes a while working and rest position forced to offload back
- The numbness and aching limbs are almost constant feature, “shooting” pain several times during the day.
Depending on the localization process is characterized by the complaints of the patient:
In the cervical region – headaches, pain in the shoulders and arms, dizziness, flashing “flies” and colored spots before the eyes.
In the thoracic region – a sense of “stake” in the chest, pain in the heart and chest
In the lumbar and sacral – numbness and pain in the buttocks, legs and pelvic area, reducing neurological reflexes, wasting (decrease in volume) muscles
On stage 4:
- The pain gradually subsides
- Some vertebrae lose their ability to move
- limb numbness, headaches, and other symptoms persist, but with less intensity
- With the defeat of the entire spinal column or the greater part of the patient loses the ability to move independently, uses a stick, crutches or a wheelchair